What is a school council?
A school council is a group of children who are elected to represent the views of all children and to improve their school.
The school council is about:
- Learning to work together.
- Being a positive role in our community.
- Finding things you would like to change.
- Thinking of ways to make things better.
- Putting ideas into action.
- Making our school a better place for everyone.
What do the school council do?
- We listen to the views and concerns of other pupils.
- We bring these concerns to teachers and other adults.
- We come up with ideas to help improve the school.
- We think of ways we can contribute to the wider world.
Our School Council have created this Code of Conduct to make St. Michael's a happy, safe place where we can all be our best.